Friday, August 20, 2010

8/20/10


            Today I met with Holly to work on the displays for the Impact Team launch and the meal-packaging event at a local church this coming weekend. We had the doors open, enjoying the beautiful San Diego weather, and had some good discussions as we pieced things together. I finally looked at Holly and said, “I can’t believe this is my job!” I’m sure there will be plenty of difficulties on the road ahead and it won’t always be serine days of arts & crafts, but to know that this is a part of it and that I’m not simply making a pretty poster, but trying to convey a message for a greater purpose is an awesome feeling.


            Later today we met with Dr. Victor Runco who is the head of the San Diego running institute. Both Holly and Travis attended the meeting with me. It was very eye opening to hear Dr. Runco tell us everything that is involved with planning a 5K race. I knew there was a lot, but WOW! There was pretty much no way that we would be able to pull it off and make any kind of profit in the short amount of time we had to do it.

            This does not mean that the race isn’t going to be happening. As it turns out, he is already planning a race for the same date as us with the same concept. Then he goes on to mention that he has been looking for a charity benefactor! Not only that, but the snags that he’s been trying to work out are things that COTN can provide: child care during the race, marketing, and vendor organization.

            It’s incredible when you step back and look at things and finally see the pieces of the puzzle fit together. Had I not moved to San Diego, I would have never met my friend Jenn who (wasn’t able to be my roommate, but) introduced me to my Flood church and community group, I would not have met my other friend Jen who didn’t stop asking me to run with her group and introduced me to Dennis who referred me to Dr. Runco. I would not have volunteered for the Fripple Games and met Holly. It’s just proof that even when you can’t feel God working, He’s always there and if you trust in him it will all eventually make sense.

            We left the meeting in high spirits. Dr. Runco needs to look at the numbers to figure some things out. Now we just wait for the green light.

On your mark….. get set….

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him who have been called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28

Lift up your eyes. The heavenly Father waits to bless you - in inconceivable ways to make your life what you never dreamed it could be. – Anne Ortlund

No comments:

Post a Comment