Thursday, August 19, 2010

8/19/10


            God has blessed me with an amazing community of friends and family. I called home and talked to my parents. I told them everything that has been going on and my decision to join COTN full time. Both of my parents fully support me. I can’t imagine what it would be like if they were skeptical. My family has been involved with child sponsorship for years. My father and my sister had even recently volunteered with Compassion International at an event in their area. When I asked my parents to keep me in their prayers, it was the most comforting thing to hear them respond, “We always do. Every night.”

            There is a large COTN conference in WA in September. In order for me to go, I have to be accepted as full time staff. Holly and I were rushing around to get all the paperwork filled out. Most of it was easy, but I had to find a church to sign a commission statement. I am positive that Flood would have done it, but I wanted to involve my hometown church to allow them to be involved. Thank goodness my father is so involved in my home church. It came down to the wire, but we were able to get the statement in before the deadline.

            Tuesday a few of us met to organize our booth for the Impact Team kick-off at Flood. Some great ideas were presented and we managed to pull together the best ones and decide on the main points we wanted to get across then set a time to be art & crafty. During the meeting I was emailing someone who was giving me advice for the 5k run. We might not need to create an entire race from nothing!

There is a possibility we might be able to combine our efforts with a race that is already scheduled and being planned. That would work great for COTN SD as a learning process for future races. We scheduled to meet with my race connection to discuss our options.

            Tonight I was meeting with some friends and found that they knew the man Holly and I scheduled to meet with about the 5k. Not only that, but they offered to gather all of their friends to come to the race as well. We were also exchanging information about the Flood running group and realized that I was already friends with one of the leaders. Now I know why Connectedness is my top strength! I’m so excited about this whole thing falling into place.

            Oh, and great news! We might have an office!

For he who serves Christ in these things is acceptable to God and approved by men. Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another. – Romans 14:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment