Thursday, August 12, 2010

8/12/10



Have I said it before? GOD PROVIDES!!! Never before have I seen God work in the ways that he is working in my life right now. I know I have always desired to be a servant leader, but to be confident that it is also the desire of God is the most assuring, and humbling feeling. After struggling for so long and feeling like I was going nowhere, things in my life are off and running. There is a part of me that is saying, “Whoa! Slow down! Make sure everything is under control.” But the other side of me is saying, “If this is where you’re being lead, do not hesitate, go!”

I got a text from Holly earlier today stating that she had some big news for me. I called her as soon as I finished work. She explained to me that several things had just happened, specifically with the financial situation for our future satellite office here in San Diego. Turns out that we are going to be matched in our fund raising which means that our initial calculations for raising money to support the office will be cut in HALF! Not only does this mean that there isn’t such a huge task at hand, but we will be able to have an office up and running much sooner than we had thought. Not only that, but we might be able to be working full time by the first of the year!

I don’t quite know how, but all I can do is thank our wonderful creator for taking care of these birds and lilies.

I filled out my official COTN application last night and still have some paperwork and need to be commissioned by a church to be fully approved as a staff member. Now, the most difficult thing I have to face is telling my parents what I have decided to do. Thankfully my family has a strong Christian foundation and my father is even considering getting the schooling to be a minister. This news will allow me to reassure my parents. In all honesty, I can’t wait to tell them. I am only sad that I won’t be able to tell them in person.

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. – 2 Corinthians 9:8

No comments:

Post a Comment