Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3/29/11

Hola mis amigos! Today we went to visit Ben at the I Love Baseball practice. Holly, Caitlin and I joined in some of the drills. Doing high-knees in long skirts was rather hilarious for everyone. The new in-country director from the program was wearing a Cleveland Indians jersey (yes Dad, I got a photo for you) I was able to go up to several of the boys and asked them some questions Most of them are Boston fans, so I pulled out my Boston cap and put it on. The coach then came over and talked to me and asked me some cool questions and told me that he was a pastor and gave me a blessing. :)



Then we went to the final school/community that we had not visited yet. It is one of the newer school but the the first COTN community. It was much of the same, but yet each school was a unique experience. I feel that explaining it would just be repeating what I said yesterday. Just don't think that my lack of description meant that it was anything less than the others. I actually felt a great calm while walking through the community. We even passed some older boys (late teens/ early twenties) who were playing a game of dominoes. Instead of betting money, if they lost they had to clip clothes pins to their chin. It was entertaining to watch and they enjoyed us cheering them on and laughing with them when they had to clip a clothes pin on.



We came back to the Casa and had lunch. We decided to take the afternoon to stay at the Casa and plan out our next few days. We will be working with the Dominican staff and doing a displayed thinking and we will be going more in depth into Sthrengths Finder. (Which is a great topic on it's own.) Since we aren't going into Haiti, we decided to ask the staff if there is anything in particular we could do for them. So we are going to be doing some painting of one of the schools. Days of the week and months of the year in Spanish, letters, numbers, a mural, and the food pyramid. At the same time, we will be interviewing the children getting video, photos



I must say, I LOVE this team! I feel like we all gel very well. Each person brings something to the table so dynamic and unique. Even Ben adds his part and I feel completely comfortable lounging around with everyone. We are like a family. I can see myself doing this for a whole summer. Like when I was doing seasons of theater. I could do this for 3 months at a time. I also love the ability to talk freely about my faith and hear the ideas of others. To know that I can actually have a discussion about these things with others who battling the same questions and seeking towards the same thing. The love from each other gives this safe, supportive, comforting place to explore these things.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. -- Ephesians 3:18-19

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are enjoying the nice weather, we have over 1/2" of snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete