Saturday, March 26, 2011

3/26/11

Today we woke up early and took a cab to Boca Chica to spend the day at the beach as this is our last day before the rest of the team arrives for the mission part of the trip. I must say that after driving in the Dominican, I see driving in Boston as a cake walk! We sat on the beach, talked to some people from Canada and told them all about COTN. We all thoroughly fried our skin in the sun. A gentleman told us about some of his friends who went into Haiti and asked us to be careful. Then we found a hotel/restaurant where there were several older Italian men sitting around and they helped us order a salad to share. Holly took a look at the rooms and then decided to book the place for the rest of the team when they stay for vacation time after the venture trip.



Vicky and I are somewhat jealous because it is a quiet hole in the wall place where you can walk right off the patio and into the ocean. They won't have to take taxis to get everywhere. Still, I will be glad to get out of the tourist atmosphere and get away from people shoving all sorts of jewelry and trinkets in my face saying "You buy!", "I make special price for you." and the men blowing me kisses and telling me that they love me. (Especially since most people know my severe connotations for that word.)

I want to get this show on the road. As horrible as it might sound to people, I'm sick of this vacation and I'm ready to be doing something. I keep praying that we'll get into Haiti. Tomorrow we pick up the rest of the team from the airport and make a 3 hour bus trip to Casa Bathesda in Barahona. I look forward to tomorrow's post.

But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. -- Romans 8:25

No comments:

Post a Comment