Saturday, December 4, 2010

12/4/10


            This is the second time I’ve traveled the 12-mile relay course. First time I ran/walked it to make sure it would be safe for our participants. This time I borrowed my roommate’s beach cruiser to chalk off the route and mark the miles. The bike was helpful, but I am a good foot taller than my roommate and I couldn’t adjust the seat. My knees are a little achey and I’m not really looking forward to how they are going to feel tomorrow after having to bike the course again as well as run a mile of it.

            This morning we had our tree pickup at the Flood office from our Christmas Tree & Wreath Sale. For not really having much time to plan for this it turned out well. We had the Boucher’s taking incredible photos for us. Our friend John volunteered to be Santa. We got a lot of really good feed back on how it went and I was entertained watching our volunteer staff try to MacGyver the trees onto the tops of cars.


            My mind was elsewhere most of the time because I was hoping the pickup would end with enough daylight for me to get back to Mission Bay to mark off the relay course and make sure everything is prepared for the event tomorrow. Dueling events are not a good idea. I feel like we aren’t able to put enough into either because we don’t have enough time. But the decision was made and action was taken and all I can do now is try my best to give all I can to each event.

            Time to relax for the day. I’ll let you know how the Relay goes tomorrow.

You can see all the photos on our facebook page

Each difficult moment has the potential to open my eyes and open my heart. –  Myla Kabat-Zinn

No comments:

Post a Comment